Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years Resolutions - 2014

After a year off from running long distances in 2013 after the birth of my second son Charlie, it's time to set some goals for 2014 and beyond. I used the hiatus from running long distances in 2013 to condition my body to running in a barefoot style on trails.  After a couple of false starts and a calf muscle strains I feel as if the transition is now complete.

A few days before the new year I ran up Mt Mansuell  near Tinui in New Zealand . Although it was a modest hill with an elevation of only 340 metres the trail was steep, slippery and muddy. I now have my sites set on running my first ultra marathon in July at the You Yangs in Victoria. 

Beyond that lies the Surf Coast Century, Milford Track, Gozo Ultra and my cool impossible the Big Red Run.



No comments:

Post a Comment