Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Dress Rehersal - Week 17 - Session 4 - 12km

I ran my last longish run on Sunday (11km) around the start and finish of the Melbourne Marathon as a dress rehearsal for this weekends big day.  I took it nice and easy and made a mental note of thethe hills and where I would pick up the pace at the end if I was still on two feet (Domain Road 36km). Although the Melbourne Marathon is relatively, flat the last 10km feature two distinct hils. The first hill around the Tan track in the Botanical Gardens just after leaving St Kilda Road and the second hill is just short of the finish line on Jollimont Road.

It was good to make a mental not of the hills and also the logistics of the start at Batman Avenue. I also figured out where I would park and how long it would take me to get to the start and more importantly back to the car after the finish. They say the last 10km is the second hald of the marathon and now I know what I'm up for.

Route: Melbourne Marathon Start/Finish
Actual Distance - 12km
Time - 1:29:04
Pace - 7:20 min/km
HR/&/Zone: 126/65%/1.0
RPE: 5
Temp:  18C
Total for week: 21.4 km
Cumulative Total: 517.5 km 

No comments:

Post a Comment