Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The name of the bug - Week 16 - Session 1- 6.5km

 I went back to the Dr on Monday morning for a follow up visit. It turns out that I did indeed have a bacterial infection. Moraxella catarrhlis is a nasty little critter that can cause respiratory infections and is resistant to some antibiotics. M. catarrhlis is an opportunistic pulmonary invader. This would explain the complications with my asthma and the ineffectiveness of the first two courses of antibiotics.

fortunately I am now clear of the bug having been given a third antibiotic. I checked in with a sports medicine Dr and he had no reservations for me to continue with my marathon training. The question is do I now shoot for the Melbourne Marathon underdone or defer until the Marysville Marathon at the end November fully fit. I'm going to see what happens with this weekends long run.

In the meantime on Wednesday and I ran around Cruikshank Park two days after Sunday's 21km. I pulled up OK and later that day had a sports massage. My calves were definitely sore after the massage but it was all for a good cause.

The downward curve of my average HR continues, which is a good sign that I am returning to full fitness.

Route: Cruicshank park
Actual Distance - 6.5 km
Time - 0:49:03
Pace - 7:30 min/km
HR/&/Zone: 128/66%/1.8
RPE: 4
Temp:  12C
Total for week: 6.5 km
Cumulative Total: 450.6 km

No comments:

Post a Comment