Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Week 5 - Session 5 - X-Train 60mins - Walk/Swim

I combined a walk and a swim for this weeks X-Training. The Yarraville Swim Centre recently re-opened so I took advantage of the watery environment to vary my training and rest my legs. I found the session a little tough at first, as it had been over three months since I'd last swum. Once I found my rhythm I managed to relax and enjoy the session. To complete the 60minutes of X-Training I walked to the swim center from my house.

Earlier in the afternoon I had a sports massage at the Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre. I was feeling pretty smug about how good my body was feeling in comparison to the soreness of my last massage two months ago. That was until the therapist prodded a point in my upper hip that connected to my sciatica nerve and I nearly hit the roof.

The smiling therapist said "There's always one point and it's my job to find it."

My plan now is to schedule a massage during every step-back week leading up to the marathon as an injury prevention strategy.

Route: Yarraville Swim Centre
Actual Distance - Walk 3km; Swim 375m
Time - 1.00:00
Avg Speed - N/A
HR/%/Zone: N/A
RPE: 3
Temp: 12C
Total for week: N/A
Cumulative Total: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment