Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Learning to breathe - Week 9 – Session 5 – 60min X-Train


Refreshing session in the pool this evening.  My legs were feeling heavy after Sunday’s run but after a short walk to the pool after work and a couple of laps I felt on top of the world again. After reading about Murakami’s experience in the swim section of a triathlon I focussed on exhaling into the water. Sounds obvious, but up until now I have focussed on inhaling when I’ve been swimming and still feeling exhausted at the end of each lap. But by focussing on exhaling I found I had more energy and the inhaling happened more naturally. 

Route: Yarraville Swim Centre
Actual Distance – 1.5km Walk; 350m Swim
Time - 1.00:00
Pace – N/A
HR/&/Zone: N/A
RPE: 3
Temp: 14C
Total for week: N/A
Cumulative Total: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment