Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What the Dr said - Week 13 - Session 1 - 0 km

Yesterday I developed a deep seated cough and wheeziness. Went to the Dr this morning to see what was up. Seems as though I've picked up an infection (either viral or bacterial) that has aggravated my asthma. The Dr put me on a course of Prendisone plus some antibiotics for good measure. Hopefully it will clear up the inflammation in my lungs and I'll be back running soon. I don't really want to miss more than a weeks training.

After doing a bit of research on the Web I found this article about adjusting your running schedule after a lay off:
  
Injuried During Marathon Training? - Don't Panic - Adjust Your Schedule



If I can get back to running on Friday then I will cut my mileage back by 75% for the first week and then resume at 100% load the following week. This weeks long run is 29km (18miles) which I plan to cut back to 21km with plenty of walking breaks. The following week is a step back week, if all goes to plan then I will up the long run to 29km instead of running the step back distance 23km.  prior to tackling the final long run of 32km the following weekend.

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment