Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Into the cold - Session #2 Midweek Run 5km

Today's run was the same distance as yesterday - 5km. As the program progresses I will begin to run more mileage midweek. Every second week, I will add another kilometer to the Wednesday workout.This midweek run becomes the longest run outside the weekend and is sandwiched in between recovery runs on Tuesday and Thursday.

The big difference from yesterday's run was that I ran outside before work on the coldest day of the year. It was good to be out in the cool air running around Cruickshank Park along Stony Creek. By the time I got to work I felt invigorated and ready to face the day, unlike my colleagues who were complaining about the cold.

Route: Cruickshank Park
Actual Distance - 5km
Time - 0.33:39
Pace - 6:47
HR/Zone: 74%/2
RPE: 4
Temp: 5c
Total for week: 10km
Cumulative Total: 10km

No comments:

Post a Comment