Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's business time - Week 3 - Session 2 - 6km Run

Today's run was the first incremental increase in the mid week run from 5km up to 6km or more precisely 6.4km as converted from Hal's 4miles. As the program progresses this run will increase to 16km in week 15 when the long weekend run is 32km. This sorta long run is positioned in the middle of the week to be more or less equal distant between each weekend's long run. Giving me a chance to recuperate between and rest before. As the weeks roll by the kms will continue to build, turning sorta long into rather long.

Instead of plugging away at the treadmill today, I used the gym as a locker room and ventured outside. I ran downtown to Melbourne's regional rail hub Southern Cross, past Etihad stadium along Docklands and up to Southbank before turning for home. Although the sky was overcast I ran in a singlet and compression tights and soon warmed up. Being limited for time I skipped my usual warm down stretching routine. Instead I ran my legs under cold water in the shower and wore my compression tights under my pants to aid recovery. I wasn't sure whether wearing lycra under my business clothes made me feel like Clarke Kent, or somewhat illicit. All I knew is that it felt good. If only my colleagues knew.

Route: Docklands
Actual Distance - 6.41 km
Time - 0.43:08
Pace - 6:41
HR/&/Zone: 148/76%/2.7
RPE: 4
Temp: 11C
Total for week: 11.42 km
Cumulative Total: 62.42 km

2 comments:

  1. LOL superman.... Just wondering if you have been a runner for a while??? Your running route sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been running since August 2010 as a build up to the marathon. I'm fortunate that where I live and where I work there are plenty of interesting running routes to choose from.

    ReplyDelete