Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Week 3 - Session 3 - 5km Run, Strength Training

Up early for a run around the park. I kept it nice an easy concentrating on running a slow recovery pace. I was pleased to see on my return that my average heart rate was below zone 2, as it should be for a recovery run.

At lunchtime I had a session with a personal trainer focusing on back and hip mobility. I'm beginning to think that I'm over complicating the strength and stretch training. My concern is that in trying to improve my mobility I might end up injuring myself.

My new routine is going to look something like this next week:

1. Foam Roller Gluet, ITB, Quads and Calf.
2. Foam Roller Vertical
3. Prone Walkup
4. Hip Flexor Stretch
5. Calf Stretch

1. Press Ups
2. Step up and step downs
3. Swiss Ball Prone Brace
4. Single Leg Hip Extensions
5. Goblet Squats
6. Romanian Dead Lifts

Route: Cruickshank Park
Actual Distance - 5 km
Time - 0.34:46
Pace - 6:57
HR/&/Zone: 136/70%/1.8
RPE: 3
Temp: 11C
Total for week: 16.42 km
Cumulative Total: 67.42 km

No comments:

Post a Comment