Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 4 - Session 1 - 5km Run

Another week, another 5km recovery run. Got up early this morning and ran around Cruickshank Park. I took it really easy this morning seeing if I could keep my HR down to zone 1, which I managed to do. May be a little too slow, but the whole idea of these recovery runs is to do it easy and freshen up which is how I felt after the run. On Thursday I may adjust the pace up toward the zone 2 margin which I ran the long run on Saturday at and run the next long run at 2.5.

All this is part of my strategy of avoiding injury and over training for when the mileage gets longer and I will need to be able to adjust my pace accordingly across the different runs.

At lunchtime I went to the gym and had a session on the foam roller and some strength exercises.

There's some foam roller videos at Runners world which I found useful.



Route: Cruickshank Park
Actual Distance - 5.01 km
Time - 0.38:46
Pace - 7:44
HR/&/Zone: 136/64%/1.0
RPE: 3
Temp: 8C
Total for week: 5.01 km
Cumulative Total: 72.43 km

No comments:

Post a Comment