Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stepping up the pace - Week 4 - Session 2 - 6.4km

Today's run was 6.4km around the Docklands and Southbank precinct Melbourne city in glorious mid-winter sunshine at lunchtime. After focusing on keeping my pace down over the last few runs, today I picked up the pace as instructed by Hal. After the step back week I was feeling good, so I pushed the pace for the last mile toward the end of your run.

It felt good to pick up the pace even after all the slow running. According to Hal's schedule the Wednesday mileage remains the same for two weeks, then goes up a mile. Every second week Hal's instruction is to increase the pace a bit. All part of Hal's master plan to get me to the starting line on October 9.


Route: Docklands
Actual Distance - 6.41 km
Time - 0.44:50
Pace - 6:50
HR/&/Zone: 140/73%/2.2
RPE: 3
Temp: 15C
Total for week: 11.42 km
Cumulative Total: 78.84 km

No comments:

Post a Comment