Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Slow and steady - Week 2 Session #4 Long Run - 11km

Today's session was the long run for the week. It was good to make some progress after running the same distances now for over three weeks. Hal's 7 miles is actually 11.3km, which is what I ran out today. My legs felt a little heavy today, I might need to modify or give up the Thursday strength training. Luckily the rain that threatened stayed away, if this is the worst of the winter then I should be OK. Next week I step back Saturday's run to 8km and increase the midweek run to 6km. Slow and steady wins the race.

Route: Maribynong River
Actual Distance - 11.3 km
Time - 1.14:54
Pace - 6:39
HR/&/Zone: 147/76%/2
RPE: 4
Temp: 12C
Total for week: 26km
Cumulative Total: 51km

2 comments:

  1. Hi there... Dont give up strength training.. as the km get further you will need the muscular strength. Either change you LSR days or training day...
    Im a pt.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep the strength training but maybe take it a bit easier on Thursday and adjust the pace of the long run too.

    ReplyDelete