Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Foam roller arrives - Week 2 - Session #3 5km, Strength Training

The third 5km of the week saw me up before dawn running around Cruickshank Park. Another crisp start to the day, another 5k's. I took nice and easy enjoying the crispness of the air and the rhythmic beat of my shoes on the trail. In the afternoon I went to the gym for the second strength training session of the week.

In the afternoon I visited my physio to check up on my chronic hip flexor soreness that I've had since February. While it doesn't directly interfere  with my running it is sore if I don't warm up or I move my leg inwards. After running some tests the physio found the root cause of the problem being tightness in my lower back. I'm now going to add some back mobility exercises to my stretching.

The other big event today was the arrival of my foam roller bought of e-bay. This device is part of my strategy to remain injury free. Painful as it is, I know the regular routing of a session on the roller will do me good.

Route: Cruickshank Park
Actual Distance - 5 km
Time - 0.35:14
Pace - 7:00
HR/&/Zone: 142/65%/2
RPE: 3
Temp: 3C
Total for week: 15km
Cumulative Total: 40km

No comments:

Post a Comment