Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Learning to love the mill - Week 2: Session #2 5km

Wednesday's are considered to be the hard midweek day on Hal Higdon's program. Even though today was another 5km, I took Hal's advice to run it a bit faster than the other midweek runs. I upped the pace on the treadmill to bring me in on the dot of 30minutes for 4.8km which is equivalent to Hal's 3miler. With a little bit more sweat I managed to make the mark. I'm trying to take a different approach to the treadmill, rather than looking it as bit of drag I'm trying to see it as a challenge and a friend to get me to the goal of October 9. Today's run was my first step on the path of developing a more positive relationship with the mill.

Route: Treadmill
Actual Distance - 4.80 km
Time - 0.30:06
Pace - 6:29
HR/&/Zone: 145/70%/2
RPE: 4
Temp: N/A
Total for week: 10km
Cumulative Total: 35km

No comments:

Post a Comment