Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

On the bonnie banks of the Maribynong - Session #4 - Long Run 10km

This is the third week in a row that I have run 10km for my long run. Today's run felt a little harder than last week which was reflected in the time it took which was five minutes faster but still 10 minutes slower than my best 10k pace. I need to keep telling myself to take it easy as the whole point of the long run is to build up endurance over a long time, not to run faster times. Having said that it was felt good to be running along the banks of the Maribynong River on a trail rather than the road, or treadmill. As the weeks build up to the longest run of 32km I will progressively run further up the river marking my progress. But for now it was enough to remind myself to take it easy and enjoy the mid winter sun on the back of my neck.

Route: Maribynong River
Actual Distance - 10.01 km
Time - 1.06:55
Pace - 6:39
HR/&/Zone: 146/65%/2
RPE: 3-4
Temp: 15C
Total for week: 25km
Cumulative Total: 25km

No comments:

Post a Comment